Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Black Swan

(By The Marked One, 095/020)
I see you walk down the street
your stance burdened,
your soul tarnished
cold and alone.

The warmness of your heart
now long gone
you stand besides me
but you're not there.

What caused you to fade?
What was it
that eroded your will
twist your mind and
distort your very foundation?

Was it a person?
Was it me?
A fiend?
Or was it time itself?
Or perhaps it was only you
all along?

We might never know
for we never dwelled.
Never wondered
never questioned
never cared.

Now your temple is burning
and your fortresses are gone
all defences perished
under your own sword.

I could have been your collumn.
Could've been your guide.
Road be slippery but
to save you I might have died.

Now all that is left is but a shell of what could be
and never will.


No comments:

Post a Comment